NEW: 50/50 Climate Project has become Climate Majority Project.
We are a non-profit resource and action center to help institutional investors bring climate competence to corporate boards.
The 50/50 Climate Project provides resources for institutional investors to engage public company boards to respond to the challenges and opportunities presented by climate change and to increase their climate competency.
Following the recent success of board accountability and climate risk mitigation shareholder initiatives, investors, with the support of the Project, are now calling for climate-competent boards. We are fiscally sponsored by the Sustainable Markets Foundation as the 50/50 Climate Resource Project.
Shareholders at more than half the top US utility companies have proxy access provisions, supported by the 50/50 Climate Project.
Of 800+ public company directors who said their boards discussed climate change issues "not very much" or "not at all" in the last year.
It's time to change corporate calculus about climate risk from short-term to long-term.
What We Do
We help large investors create market-based demand for meaningful climate disclosures and greater climate competency on corporate boards.
- Deep research into company risks and opportunities
- Analysis of corporate-board climate competencies
- Climate education resources for investors and board members
- Aligning boardroom direction with investor climate goals
- Campaigns to refresh boardrooms
- Curation of highly credentialed director candidates